I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely and very interesting OldePunk and am very excited to get stuck into the following.
the rules are :
• thank whoever nominated your blog! [please check out OldePunk on the link provided above his work is really worth the read ]
• indulge yourself and answer any questions you feel happy to answer.
• spread that radiance to some other awesome blogs to keep the light shining brightly.
• use these questions or make up your own to ask your nominees.
• tell your nominees that they have been nominated.
• put your preferred logo award on display.
What are the greatest inspirations for your writing?
Toni Morrison has always been the most influential author in my life and her writing continues to provide the perfect example of how writing can effect people on the deepest level. Please read Beloved and Jazz, they will change you. Other inspirational authors include Jeanette Winterson, Angela Carter and Dianna Wynne Jones.
As I think mainly visually, much of my writing comes to me first as images which I have to translate into language. In as non-pretentious a way as possible I find a lot of art very inspiring, particularly illustrative work such as that of Felicia Chiao.
In the same vein every freaking thing Ghibli creates makes me rethink my perspective on even everyday things like leaves and fire and light- it’s just pure MAGIC! Also I think something that is really difficult to capture in writing is motion and that is where the true wizardry of Miyazaki lies.
Thanks all :o)